Wednesday, December 15, 2010

COLD!

People keep asking me how is the weather in NYC. Well -in one word - COLD!

Do you want to know how much cold? well...

This morning I had to go to the grocery store to buy milk for my coffee.
I picked my regular half gallon (1%), and while walking to the cashier line (why do they only have one cashier in the morning?), I felt my fingers starting to itch with cold.

I paid and chose to carry the bottle with my bare hands (trying to be part of the solution and not the pollution), and stepped outside to the chill. All of a suddon I realized that the bottle of milk is actually warm comparing to the cold air. 

Now you get it?

1 comment:

  1. I've taken the ultimate test in similar situations, it's a rule of thumb (well, not exactly thumb..)

    If the piss steams - it's cold!
    (Tried this in Budapest,Berlin,London,Dharamsala,Paris,Warsaw and of course - Judean desert).

    ReplyDelete