Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy eschatologycal Hannukah - New York Version

My favourite holiday is back in town! Hanukah!
Holiday of lights, holiday of triumph, holiday of miracles... and all that jazz.
When I got to work today I felt very festive, and decided to spread it all around me. The best way in my opinion - was to get my company's showroom in Midtown West a Menorah.
I went out to the stormy weather, tried the pharmacy, the supermarket, a couple of gift and hardware stores - and NADA! As if there are no Jews in the city - the stores didn't even acknowldeged it's Hanukah, and in some of them they responded my inquiry for a Menorah by telling me: "We might get them next week". Thanks. very helpful.
Eventually I got to a hardware store a couple of blocks away from my work. When I enetered the store I heard the owner, the employees and the few customers in the store speak Arabic. A thought crossed through my mind: well, there's a place where I would most likely not find a Menorah. But then, all of a sudden, like a mirage - I spotted a big, white, ugly, electric Menorah! Exactly what I was looking for! My Hanukah miracle was there - coexistence for only $34.99! And a happy Hanukah blessing from all the employees in the store. 
Spread the joy! Peace on earth! Happy Hanukah and happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment